Westland’s annual limited releases of Garryana are a part of the distillery’s Outpost Range of American Single Malt Whiskies, which explores the unknown possibilities left to be pursued in single malt. Each release marks a new outpost in Westland’s ongoing exploration of the vast frontier of whiskey.
Garryana Edition 5 American Single Malt Whiskey pursues true provenance with the introduction of an entirely new species of oak to the world of whiskey. In their work, Westland creates a record of the oak’s distinctive characteristics and reveal unique expressions of Pacific Northwest terroir.
Edition 5 has a higher percentage of Garry Oak casks in the blend than any previous edition Westland has bottled. Combining pale malt spirit with only peated spirit, it is also the simplest in construction. But that simplicity belies a depth of character that marries the unique flavors of each to create something altogether new.
Accolades for previous editions of Garryanna:
- 2020 Ultimate Spirits Challenge Chairman's Trophy
- 2020 Ultimate Spirits Challenge Top 100 Spirits in the World
- 2020 Ultimate Spirits Challenge 96 Points
- 2020 Tasting Panel 95 Points
- 2019 World Whiskies Awards American Single Malt Whiskey of the Year
- 2019 SF World Spirits Competition Gold Medal
- 2019 NY International Spirits Competition Gold Medal / 95 Points
- 2019 Robb Report’s Best of the Best American Single Malt Whiskey of the Year
- 2017 World Whiskies Awards Gold Medal
- 2016 Whiskies of the World Awards Best in Class / Gold Medal
- 2016 American Whiskey Masters Gold Medal
Bottle Size: 750ml
This product is available in: AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MN, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, ND, NY, SC, WA, WV, WI, WY