A series that explore a native species of oak for barrel aging.
Garryana American Single Malt Whiskey pursues true provenance with the introduction of an entirely new species of oak to the world of whiskey. In our work, we create a record of the oak’s distinctive characteristics and reveal unique expressions of Pacific Northwest terroir.
Westland Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Flagship whiskey
- 1/2 oz Demerara simple syrup
- 2-3 dashes orange bitters
- 2-3 dashes cherry bitters
- Stir well over ice and strain into rocks glass with large cube. Garnish with orange peel and
- Demerara simple syrup: Dissolve 1 cup of demerara sugar or raw sugar into 1 cup of boiling
water on the stove. Stir to combine and set aside to cool completely. Can be made ahead and
stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Pro tips: Be sure to give the orange peel a good squeeze into the glass to release all of the
delicious oils! For more cherry forward notes, let some of the maraschino cherry syrup stay on
your spoon and stir it in well.
Stateside Manhattan Recipe
- 2 ounces Westland American Single Malt
- 1 ounce sweet red vermouth
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- Cocktail cherry, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients over ice, stir thoroughly to combine. Strain into chilled coupe glass and
garnish with cocktail cherry.
Morning Glory Fizz Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz Westland American Single Malt Whiskey
- ¾ oz simple syrup (1 cup of sugar dissolved into 1 cup of water)
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon Absinthe
- Sparkling Water (to top off)
- Lemon and Basil, for garnish
- Rinse the inside of a collins glass with Absinthe. Combine whiskey, simple syrup, egg white, and
lemon juice in shaker without ice. Shake to incorporate (still without ice.) After a good shake,
add ice and shake again. Pour the mixture from the cocktail shaker into a collins glass, and
slowly top with sparkling water so as to keep the structure of the drink in tact and fill the glass.
Spritz the top with a spray of absinthe. Garnish with lemon and basil.